Sogdians in Late Antiquity
Panellists for this upcoming webinar are:
- Dr Judith Lerner (New York University)
- Professor Aleksandr Naymark (Hofstra University)
- Dr Khodadad Rezakhani (Princeton University)
If you would like to attend this event, which is free, please register by emailing email@example.com
Following the appearance of an outstanding website on the Sogdians, hosted by the Smithsonian Institution, we will discuss current research problems concerning Sogdian society in Late Antiquity. Questions will include:
- To what extent was this a merchant society?
- What can the relative prominence of secular art tell us about Sogdian society?
- How typical was Panjikent?